Practices are held throughout the swim season.
As a hammerhead, we expect the following:
- Arrive on time and ready to swim.
- Wear an appropriate competition type bathing suit, and swim cap to all practices
- Bring appropriate equipment to practice including; a cap, towel, good quality googles, and extra pair of googles. Some of our older swimmers may be asked to bring fins if they have them. No 6 and unders should be using fins in the pool
- All swimmers must be able to complete one length of the pool unassisted at the start of the swim season. No swimmer should require assistance in the water. Any child who cannot safely be in the water independently will be asked to exit the pool. They will be able to try again the following practice.
- Have a good and respectful attitude
- Utilize good sportsmanship
- Exit the pool promptly upon completion of session
- No playing in the diving well, or shallow end during or after swim sessions. These areas may be used for instruction and need to remain clear.
- No parents should be “on Deck” during practice sessions. Please stay in the grassy areas around the pool deck. At the end of each session, coaches will make themselves available briefly for questions.
- If you have additional questions or concerns you may always email the coaches for assistance.